“Personal Data” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including:
• Email address
• Disability or special learning requirements
• Image (still / moving)
• Education details
• Work experience
We may need to collect and process these types of Personal Data in order to deliver the requested Services for the benefit of our clients, or because we are legally required to do so, or because you have consented to such processing, or because such information is of particular importance to us and we have a specific legitimate interest under law to process it. We have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing Personal Data, for example: to administer and generally conduct business across M&C Saatchi, including delivering services to our clients.
Collection of Personal Data
We and our service providers may collect Personal Data in a variety of ways, including:
• Through the Services: We may collect Personal Data through the Services.
• From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Data from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected) and from other third parties.
Use of Personal Data
We and our service providers may use Personal Data for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
• To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
• To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies, as well as marketing communications that we believe may be of interest.
• For our business purposes, such as data analysis and audits, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be disclosed:
• To our third party service providers who provide services such as information technology and related infrastructure provision, email delivery, auditing and other services.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We may also use and disclose your Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (d) to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person.
In addition, we may use, disclose or transfer your Personal Data to a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business (including in connection with any insolvency, bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organisation. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Data
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Data that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company you may contact us by: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Data suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Where we ask you to disclose any sensitive Personal Data (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or health characteristics) on or through the Services or otherwise to us, please be aware that this is not a requirement, but rather is freely given by you. We will only process such Personal Data on the basis that you have provided your explicit consent
You may also lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory authority, the ICO.